I’m a sucker for plants and couldn’t resist this marguerite plant at the garden centre the other day!
I cut a few stems and tied them with a raffia bow, adding a sprig of fennel foliage before air drying them.
I left them hanging upside down by the raffia in my warm dark airing cupboard for a week and was pleasantly surprised with the results. Unsurprisingly, the stems had shrunk away from the raffia (tip – use rubber bands when hanging bunches up to dry), and were a bit brittle (tip – replace stems with florist wire before drying). From a distance they were a bit scruffy, but close up the air-dried flowers were gorgeous.
I love the long straggly petals and the way some of the yellow centres have developed concentric circles.
My next post is how I got on drying some similar flowers using silica gel sand.