Natural Christmas decorations with cinnamon sticks and orange slices
November 14, 2012 by
Make your own natural Christmas decorations
Don’t buy a natural Christmas decoration like this one, make it! Festive hangers like this are in fashion at the moment: they are very simple to make, and much cheaper to make yourself than to buy in the shops. This is a picture of one I bought to sell in my shop a few years ago with an RRP of £4.
Making the cinnamon stick and orange slice decoration
You will need (for one decoration):
1. Carefully poke a hole through the centre of all the orange slices and bay leaves.
2. Tie the raffia firmly around one of the cinnamon sticks, so that both the ends of the raffia are the same length.
3. Thread both ends of the raffia through 3 bay leaves, then all the orange slices, then the rest of the bay leaves.
4. Tie the second cinnamon stick in place on top of the stack, and form a hanging loop.
Tips and variations on these natural Christmas decorations
– Try drying your own orange slices by putting on a baking tray in a fan oven (30degC or lowest setting) for a few hours.
Natural Christmas decorations – related posts with cinnamon sticks, orange slices and Christmas spice
Make your own cinnamon cones
Winter potpourri recipe | Christmas potpourri recipe