DIY dried flower posy
A small wrapped gift bouquet
These little dried flower bunch gifts are inexpensive to make and pretty too. They would be perfect for a love token, a present for Mum or Grandma, or even for bridesmaids.
I have been hoarding little books of pretty printed paper squares that I find in craft shops like Hobbycraft, and thought I really ought to find a use for them!
What you will need for these floral gifts
- Printed paper squares 80 to 100gsm, 6″ or 15cm
- One dried flower bunch with small flowers such as glixia or dried lavender
- Small elastic bands, florist tape or sellotape
- Hi-tack PVA glue or double sided adhesive tape
- Strong scissors
How to put the dried flowers together
One bunch of flowers should make roughly 5 little posies, so there’s no excuse not to spread the love! Use the paper wrap to send a message – mine says XOXO with hearts and flowers.
- Take enough of the dried flower stems to give a posy about 5cm across at the top.
- Cut the stems to the diagonal length of the paper and tie with the elastic band or sellotape.
- Roll the paper diagonally around the stems, being careful to get any pattern the right way up. The cone will be about 1cm across at the bottom and 5cm across at the top to fit the flowers.
- Glue or tape the outside edge of the paper into place to make the flower sleeve.
Give the flowers to someone deserving!
The recipient can choose display their little gift still in the wrapping paper, or snip the sellotape to arrange in a little narrow-necked vase.
Dried flowers are a long lasting gift
My little posies were inspired by a trip to Barcelona in 2013 where I bought a similar posy from a street vendor which I still have, still in its paper!
Here is another little lavender posy idea.
Purchase lavender stems from Daisyshop UK without leaving this blog: