Craft ideas with pressed flowers
This topic divides into two sections: How to press flowers and What to use them for!
Try pressing your own flowers
If you have a garden, a window box or even a treasured bouquet from the florist, it’s worth giving pressed flowers a go!
- How to press flowers – start off with the basics! This post includes some handy tips too.
- How to make a DIY flower press
- Pressing garden flowers – this includes a list of plants to try, and a few more tips.
- Pressed flower successes – following on from the post above with some more florals to try.
- Pressing dried plants – go off piste and try pressing blooms and grasses that have already been dried.
Pressed flower crafts
If you have made some pressed flowers or bought them in, here are some craft ideas:
- Make a botanical card
- Decorate a keepsake box with blooms
- Decorate a candle
- Make a mini picture
- Frame some pressed blooms – I like floating frames.
- Make a floral locket
- Embellish vintage images with flowers
More pressed flower craft inspiration and ideas
- Try this inspiration post – look up a good book, google Oshibana, phone cases, nail art or resin jewellery!
- Look up my Pressed Flowers subject category for a full list of posts.