Fair Rosamund in dried flowers
This was one of my dried flower art projects last year (see my original Rosamund post).
Rosamund in dried flowers before & after
This is what it looked like before, and there were aspects I wasn’t happy with.
How I improved my dried flowers picture
Rather than gluing down every last petal like I did previously, this time I added loose dried flowers to build up the surface – so it’s very much temporary now!
As you can see from the above photo, I built up the hair with dried orange slices – I love the effect it creates. I decorated her hair with a cluster of pink rosebuds (unfortunately the actual Rosa Mundi dried roses I made earlier in the year were no longer around to use for this.)
The background at the top was made from a sprinkling of preserved hydrangea florets. They were originally intended to represent a bottle glass wall, but my skills were not up to the job!
I reshaped her lips with freeze dried red rose petals, and I quite like the kissed lipstick look she now sports.
I rebuilt the wall at the bottom of the picture in cloves and dried delphinium flower petals, and boosted her pink dress with more petals.
So I now have two bare areas remaining – her gold necklace and hands. I can think of some ideas for her necklace, but her hands may prove difficult if they are to be fully resolved from her neck and dress.
Here is another attempt I made last year at dried flower art – a union jack for the jubilee – in retrospect I should have made this in loose petals too.
More flower petals art
See also – some vintage images from the British Library adorned with dry flowers
Shopping Links for dried flowers
Do let me know what you think of my dried flower art!