Natural Christmas tree decorations made with cinnamon sticks
These cinnamon bundles were really quick to make and I didn’t even need glue!
Cinnamon bundles – equipment
You will need
8cm cinnamon sticks
Cinnamon stick bundles – how to make
- Cut about 40cm of twine
- Wrap twine around 5 cinnamon sticks firmly
- Finish with a bow and trim the ends
- Attach to Christmas tree with wire secured to the twine on the underside of the bundle
Tips for making natural cinnamon decorations
- If you have cinnamon sticks larger than 8cm, just cut them carefully with a pair of secateurs (my cinnamon sticks were 15cm and I cut them in half).
- Not just for Christmas trees – wire these bundles onto homemade wreaths and garlands, or use to decorate gifts.
- These have a subtle natural fragrance, but more could be added by painting with cinnamon oil to make a fragranced cinnamon bundle.
- Make a matching cinnamon garland like the one below by threading cinnamon sticks onto wire and tying a bow with gingham ribbon every so often. This is based on my cinnamon garland made last year.
Find out more about my natural decorations for this year’s Christmas tree.